Please note that you may receive multiples of the same year or a mix of years. What you receive depends on inventory at the time your order is packaged.
The American Silver Eagle is by far the most popular coin in the world. Conceived in 1985 and unveiled in 1986 for the first time, these 1 oz silver coins are the official bullion coin of the United States. Each year, the US Mint strikes these coins in bullion, proof, and burnished versions for investors and collectors alike. Right now, Colorado Precious Metal Exchange offers the American Silver Eagle with random years of mintage.
- OFFICIAL SILVER COIN OF THE UNITED STATES! INTRODUCED IN 1986!
- Arrives inside of protective plastic flips, quantities of 20 ship in a tube!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Protect your investment with 40.6mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsules or 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tubes, which hold 20 coins.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Obverse design from Adolph A. Weinman.
- Reverse design by John Mercanti.
- Available from random years of mintage however likely to contain coins with the same date marks.
- These coins come in uncirculated condition, which can include items with toning or slight contact marks.
American Silver Eagle coins available in this product listing come from random years of mintage. These coins are all in uncirculated condition and arrive in good overall shape. Please note that it is possible for toning and other minor flaws such as slight contact marks to appear. This is within the acceptable standards of the PCGS and NGC for uncirculated coins.
American Silver Eagle coins were authorized by Congress with passage of the Liberty Coin Act. Originally produced by the San Francisco Mint, over the course of 30 years of history the American Silver Eagle coin has shifted to the Philadelphia Mint during the 1990s and since 2001 has been struck at the West Point Mint.
The Silver Eagle coin is currently the single most popular product in the world. With the onset of the Great Recession and the immense demand for silver, the American Silver Eagle experienced a surge in popularity.
Between 2008 and 2015, American Silver Eagle coins have broken annual sales records in six years. In 2014, the US Mint saw sales soar to 44.1 million coins in total, which was then broken a year later with 47.3 million coins sold in 2015.
On the obverse of the American Silver Eagle is Adolph A. Weinmans historic Walking Liberty design. Created in 1916 and originally used on the Walking Liberty Half Dollar, the design was modernized and refined for use on the American Silver Eagle.
The reverse face of Silver Eagle coins feature the design of the heraldic eagle of the United States. This design was created by former-Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, John Mercanti. It features an American bald eagle with a heraldic shield in front of it, with arrows and an olive branch in its talons.
Please call us with any questions.
- Contains 1 oz .999 Fine Silver
- Eligible for Precious Metal IRA’s
- Manufactured by the US Mint